Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Products that didn't work for me: October 2014


Hello, Ladies! Hope your week is going fabulous! 

I had some disappointing product fails this past month. I was really excited to try a couple of them, had heard great things about them and I ended up not liking them at all. They were a little bit of a let down, but now I know and can try out other things!

Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter by e.l.f.
     I am not too upset about being let down by this product. It was only $3. It was something that I grabbed when I was trying out e.l.f. products and it was the only thing that didn't work for me. I grabbed this product because I wanted to see what the highlighting cream of this duo was all about. It does give a slight sheen, but it is more sparkly than anything. When you blend out the product, all you see are these tiny sparkles. And it was something I did not care for at all. It might be more appropriate for a young teenager. The concealer is a decent shade as far as being something light and bright for highlighting, but it is not a good quality concealer in my opinion. It sets cakey and does not look good. If you are looking for some great e.l.f. products, click here to see what I love from e.l.f.


Under Eye Concealer and Highligher by e.l.f.


Miracle Complexion Sponge by Real Techniques
     I was really disappointed by this little guy! I have heard some many great things about it being a great alternative for the Beauty Blender. I would have to disagree. I tried out the Miracle Complexion Sponge because I thought that if it really does work as good as the Beauty Blender, I would way rather pay the $5-6 for it vs. $20 for the Beauty Blender. First, I hate the texture of it! That might sound a little weird, but it just feels so cheap and grainy compared to the Beauty Blender. Second, I have heard that the flattened edge of it is really great for the under eye area. I did not see anything special about it and think the tapered end if the Beauty Blender works much better. Third, I like how with the Beauty Blender, it evenly distributes foundation/concealer and soaks up any excess product. It really helps to create a flawless look. I don't think the Real Techniques sponge does as good of a job as the Beauty Blender. I know that a lot of girls like this sponge and it works for them and that is great! I just prefer the Beauty Blender and the Real Techniques sponge was not for me! 


Miracle Complexion Sponge by Real Techniques


All About Eyes Rich by Clinque
     This is the second month in a row that an eye cream has not worked for me. I just can't catch a break! Last month wasn't so bad because it was something that I received for free. But I actually purchased this eye cream from Clinique. And we all know eye creams are not cheap! I decided to buy All About Eyes Rich because it is one of the top-rated eye creams on Sephora's website. It is very hydrating and I like that about it.... But that's about all I really like about it! It claims what any other eye cream does - diminish undereye circles, shadows, puffiness and fine lines. I have been using this eye cream for about 7-8 weeks now and I haven't noticed any changes in my eyes. I really don't have terrible dark circles or puffiness and only have a couple fine lines, but I want to prevent aging as much as I can! And with this product, I don't feel like it is helping me any. If any of you have any recommendations on an eye cream you love, please let me know! 


All About Eyes Rich by Clinique


Well, those were all the products that didn't work for me this past month. I hope it gives you some information to go off of if you were thinking about purchasing any of these products! 

Have a great Wednesday!

xoxo Kayla


2 comments :

  1. I'm disappointed to hear that U
    Didn't like the sponge! I really wanted to try it too. I finally threw out my BB after it just wasn't coming clean good anymore. And I just don't have the money right now to buy a new one. Oh well, I
    Would rather wait til I can rather than buy the cheaper alternative and not like it. Great post girl! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elf concealer disappointed me too. The highlighter just didn't really show up and the container leaked all over the place!!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete