Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Five: 11/7/14

Happy Friday! Typing out "11" for November felt crazy! I can't believe it is November! Where does the time go?!

Here are my favorites for this first week in November!

1. Pore Minimizing Primer by Smashbox
     I got this as a sample with a Sephora order a while back and I have been really loving it! It is hard for me to find a primer that I truly love. And I never use Smashbox products. So I have been pleasantly surprised by this one. It is oil-free, oil-absorbing, minimizes pores, claims to last for 8 hours, mattifies the skin and sweat/humidity resistant. I would have to agree all of those claims are true. I love how it mattifies the skin and minimizes the appearance of my pores. Also, I have been wearing this primer on nights my husband has games and it really does resist against any humidity caused by being around thousands of people. It also lasts all night long. Since I have been liking it so much, I really want to purchase a full size. But it is $39! I think that is outrageous for 1oz of primer! I know primers last forever since you only use a little bit at time, but I just think that's a steep price tag! I am going to take advantage of the 20% off sale Sephora is having in the States to have some new makeup goodies sent out in a care package, so maybe I will splurge and get the primer with the discount. We will see!


Pore Minimizing Primer by Smashbox


2. Sweetheart Flush Blush in Candy Glow by Too Faced
     I had this as a favorite this past summer and I have been loving it again this week! First of all, the packaging is just way too cute. That might be the main reason I splurged on this blush! I love unique and pretty packaging :) But the product is definitely amazing as well! I love Candy Glow because it is such a pretty color. It gives you the most natural looking flush of color to the cheeks and it really does have a glow to it. I have very few blushes with sparkles in my collection because I personally don't like sparkly blushes. But with this one, I don't mind it at all! The sparkles are so subtle and really do give an extra "UMPH!" I think every girl should splurge on one of these Too Faced Sweetheart blushes :)


Sweetheart Flush Blush in Candy Glow by Too Faced


3. Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte by L'Oreal
This is another favorite I have previously mentioned. I have been using it a lot this week (and even last week). It looks so pretty on the lid and just brings so much light to the eyes. It really opens your eyes up as well as bringing such a pretty shimmer to your eye look. Since it is a champagne color, you can pretty much use this with any other eyeshadows you want and it is going to go together great! I love that with this product you can use it wet or dry. By getting your brush wet, it gives it a little more of a metallic look! I really need to get more of these Infallible Eye Shadows in my life! They are so beautiful and affordable!


Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte by L'Oreal


4. Lipstick in Dark Wine by Wet n Wild
     I have been trying to step out of my comfort zone (nude lips) and go for a bolder lip. I have been loving Dark Wine by Wet N Wild. I posted a picture on Insta with Dark Wine mixed with Wet N Wild's Cherry Bomb and have gotten so many compliments on it! Honestly, Dark Wine and Cherry Bomb are SO similar in color that you really don't need both of them (will show swatches below). I just lined my lips with Cherry Bomb and then filled them in with Dark Wine and the colors just blended in together. The reason I like Dark Wine better is because it is a creamier formula. Cherry Bomb can get very drying on the lips so I have just been sticking with Dark Wine! I think both of these lipsticks are only like 99 cents in the States! Maybe $1.99? Either way, super affordable and as you can see, HIGHLY pigmented!


Dark Wine by Wet N Wild

Top: Dark Wine
Bottom: Cherry Bomb

Picture I was referring to from Instagram!


5. Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer (in Medium)
     I am about to rave on this product here! If you have acne scars, you need this in your life! I received a full sized tube of this in my Ipsy bag several months ago and it is something I can't live without now! (and I just found out it is $20! awesome product to receive from Ipsy!) Boo-Boo Cover-Up is a Canada-based company and they have made an incredible product. This product completely covers up all my post-acne scarring. It is thicker than a normal concealer, but it blends out so amazingly that you wouldn't even think that it could have been so thick! What is even more amazing about it is that it has natural ingredients in it to help heal your skin - Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Chamomile, Green Tea and Tea Tree Oil. I honestly don't know why I haven't mentioned this product before! I am always so amazed at how much it evens out my skintone when I cover up my acne scars. It really does hide everything! I just love this stuff! If you are looking to cover up any imperfections on your face, check out this product! I am probably about half way through my tube so it really does last a long time.


Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer


Have a fantastic weekend, loves!

xoxo Kayla
     


Find the products I mentioned here:

Pore Minimizing Primer by Smashbox

Sweetheart Flush Blush in Candy Glow by Too Faced

Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte by L'Oreal

Lipstick in Dark Wine by Wet n Wild

Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer

4 comments :

  1. They fixed me a sample of that primer at Sephora the other day, can't wait to try! Love your lip shades :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be looking forward to hearing how you like the Smashbox primer :)

      Delete
  2. That Too Faced Blush is on my wish list! Such adorable packaging and a beautiful blush! That IG pic of you in the yellow is one one of my absolute fave pics of u! That Lippie looks like it was made for you Kayla!!!

    ReplyDelete