Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Dupes/Alternatives: Lip Products




Hello Ladies!!

Today I wanted to do a post on some dupes/alternatives for higher end lip products! I was going through my lipsticks, lipglosses etc. and I was realizing that I have some affordable lip products that are SO SIMILAR to my higher end lip products! I thought this post would be great for anyone who is looking to save some money yet still basically getting the same look of a higher end lippie! Here are some great dupes/alternativies that I found in my own collection:




Nearly Nude by e.l.f. - $3 (matte lip color) vs Myth by MAC - $16 (satin lipstick)
     Both of these have a really peachy undertone. Nearly Nude is a matte and Myth is a Satin formula but honestly, they are both so creamy that they come off as similar finishes. Nearly Nude is slightly darker than Myth, but only slightly!


Top: Myth by MAC
Bottom: Nearly Nude by e.l.f.



Myth, Nearly Nude


Honeyed by Covergirl - $5.99 (lip perfection lipstick) vs Creme Cup by MAC - $16 (cremesheen lipstick)
     Creme Cup is more of a true pink and Honeyed is slightly lighter. But the formula of the two are so similar and they look almost identical on the lips! They are both very creamy! Creme Cup is my all time favorite pink and I think Honeyed is a great dupe for it!


Top: Creme Cup by MAC
Bottom: Honeyed by Covergirl
Honeyed, Creme Cup



#708 Pure Red by Kiko - $6.25 (luminous chrome lipstick) vs F-Bomb by Urban Decay - $22 (revolution lipstick)
     These two look exactly the same! The formula, the finish, the color... everything is so close to being identical! Even though I absolutely love F-Bomb, I love that I am able to get a much cheaper dupe from Kiko!


Top: F-Bomb by Urban Decay
Bottom: #708 Pure Red by Kiko
#708 Pure Red, F-Bomb



Honey Nectar by Pixi - $8 (shea butter lip balm) vs Peachy Nude Sinner by Lipstick Queen - $22 (opaque lipstick)
     These two are basically the same color but Peachy Nude is just more pigmented. Honey Nectar is a balm and I think it gives amazing payoff for a balm! If you like this nude color, go for the Pixi one and the color can be built up! Plus, it is going to be great for winter and hydrate your lips!


Top: Peachy Nude Sinner by Lipstick Queen
Bottom: Honey Nectar by Pixi
Honey Nectar, Peachy Nude Sinner


Apple Strudel by NYX - $4.99 (butter gloss) vs Mally Melon by Mally - $20 (high shine liquid lipstick)
     I posted on Instagram that we recieved a care package from home in the US. My family included my Birchbox from last month and it had this liquid lipstick from Mally in it. I saw it was valued at $20 and was excited to get something so great in my Birchbox! Plus, I have zero products from Mally so I was excited to try something out! But as I was testing it, I quickly realized it looked like one of my NYX Butter Glosses: Apple Strudel. Apple Strudel is more pinky but since they both give off a kind of neon pink/orange shade, they look really similar. And even though the Mally lippie is a liquid lipstick, the NYX butter gloss is equally as pigmented. If you are interested in the Mally liquid lipsticks, I would recommend trying out a different shade and if you like this shade - get Apple Strudel and save some $$$!


Top: Mally Melon by Mally
Bottom: Apple Strudel by NYX


Mally Melon, Apple Strudel



Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!! Have a blessed time with family and friends!

xoxo Kayla






3 comments :

  1. I love these kinds of posts, love saving some $ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these KAYLA!!!! Honeyed by CG is one of my top fave lipsticks. And now I
    Want to try that Elf nearly nude one, thanks to U! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dupes. Thank u so much. I love Drug store makeup because I can afford to buy it sometimes. Thank u. Please do more. Have a Happy Thanksgiving to u and all urs.

    ReplyDelete