Monday, September 1, 2014

Five Blushes for Fall

Hi loves!

Yay!!! It is September and in my eyes, that means it is officially FALL! I absolutely love fall and it is my favorite time of the year!

I thought that I would kick off the season by recommending five great blushes for fall. I would like to say though, that I am a firm believer that you can use any makeup product at any time of the year and it will look incredible no matter what month it is! These are just five blushes that range from drugstore to high end that I think will look especially great this fall!

1. Breath of Plum by MAC
     This is the one I am most excited about for fall! I am obsessed with plum and berry colored products as of late! This is not typical of me as I usually never wear anything like that, but I just am falling in love with these colors and happy to add something new my collection! I saw Breath of Plum and I was a little intimidated at first because I thought was going to be a deep, dark color. But after swatching it, I realized it was not what I was expecting it to be and it turned out to be a beautiful light plum color. It is a sheertone blush that has a matte finish and it gives a pretty, subtle color to the cheeks. It does not look harsh whatsoever and it is going to be absolutely perfect for fall! ($22)


Breath of Plum by MAC



Breath of Plum by MAC



2. Pinched by NYX
     This blush has gotten a lot of love! ;) I have used it many times already and I will definitely continue to use it throughout the fall. Part of the reason why I use it so much is because it is the perfect size to travel with and I am always bringing it with me when I need a blush. Pinched is reddish-pink color with a little bit of a gold shimmer. I like that since it is more on the red side, it gives the perfect rosy color for the cheeks which is obviously great for fall! The quality of the NYX blushes are incredible. Awesome pigmentation for a drugstore blush and so affordable ($4.99!).


Pinched by NYX



Pinched by NYX

 
3. Maybelline Master Hi-Light in Mauve
     I just picked up this blush and I can't wait to start using it! It is GORGEOUS! This is by far the most versatile of these five as you are able to create different shades of this blush depending on which area of the mosaic pattern you use. In the swatch picture below, the bottom swatch is using more of the darker colors, the middle is using the lighter colors, and the top swatch is mixing all of the colors together. I love that you are able to choose what look you want! This blush has a lot of shimmer and shine and is called a "hi-lighting blush", so you wouldn't even have to worry about using a highlighter when including this is your makeup look! The plum and berry colors in this blush just scream FALL! ($7.99)

Maybelline Master Hi-Light in Mauve

Maybelline Master Hi-Light in Mauve
Bottom: Darker Colors
Middle: Lighter Colors
Top: All Colors



4. Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop
     I love this blush because of the pigmentation. Plus the packaging is just so darn cute :) This is a great blush for girls who like to stick with pink blushes. Although it is called Plum Pop, it is completely pink and far from being plum. What is nice about this blush is that although it is super pigmented, it is easy to use a light hand for a lighter application or it is can be easily built up without it looking too overpowering. It does have the slightest hint of shimmer in it but you have to be looking pretty hard to see it. Such a pretty, truly pink blush! ($21)

Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop

Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop
Bottom: One Swatch
Top: Two Swatches


5. Orgasm by NARS
     Despite the slightly inappropriate name, this is a stunning blush! :) It is a staple blush in many beauty gurus collections. It is a gorgeous peachy-pink color with a golden shimmer. It is the perfect blush for a chilly fall day because it will add the most amazing warm glow to your cheeks! You could also choose to bypass wearing a highlighter with this blush because of how it gives off that gorgeous, natural glow on it's own. Even though it is a little on the pricey side ($30), it is so worth it! It truly is one of the prettiest blushes I have seen and I think many would agree!

Orgasm by NARS

Orgasm by NARS


I am such a sucker for blushes and I don't even know why out of all the makeup products, that blush is what I am obsessed with! I just can't help it! So with that, please let me know any great blushes that you recommend! I will most definitely check them out :)

xoxo Kayla


6 comments :

  1. I've always wanted to own that NARS blush but geez it's expensive! Lol! I love that NYX one as well. And the Clinique one looks like one that I would wear as well. Great choices!
    www.thesaltlifewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it! I cringed a little bit when purchasing the NARS blush but it really is worth it!! If you're ever feeling like splurging and treating yourself, add this to your list :)

      Delete
  2. All of those are just so pretty, I am not sure I could pick a favourite, I do really like the look of the Maybelliene Master Hi-lighter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all are beautiful! And yes! I definitely recommend the Maybelline blush! Such a pretty berry color!

      Delete
  3. Love the plums and berries too for fall! The MAC and the Clinique one look particularly great ;)
    Have a look at this post lovely! http://gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.it/2014/09/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wet n Wild has some good blushes too. Pearlescent Pink is suppose to be a dupe for orgasm. I have another wet n Wild that's beautiful too. I have also hear Elf studio blushes r great too. If any one need to go low end. I love the higher end ones a lot. Just can't afford them. These others I can. Thanks so much for ur hard work on getting all these done.

    ReplyDelete