Thursday, November 20, 2014

Travel Makeup Recommendations


Ciao Bellas!

Since the holidays are coming up, there is usually traveling that accompanies it to see family and friends! I thought that I would give you recommendations on some good travel makeup. Since I live out of a suitcase more in a year than I do my own home, I have had plenty of practice on trying to nail down the essentials when it comes to traveling with makeup! I will share what I think are key items to bring with you and hopefully it will help you to not overpack but still have exactly everything you need! 


1. You need a good palette

     Lorac Pro To Go - This palette is my absolute favorite travel palette. You have six eyeshadows, two blushes and a bronzer. It has so many things you need in a conveniently small-packaged palette! The shadows are all neutral so you can wear any outfit, any lip, any accessories and it is going to go with these shadows! You can create a simple day look or a smoky eye for night. This is definitely a must for traveling in my opinion!


Lorac Pro To Go

Lorac Pro To Go


     The Nudes by Maybelline - If you prefer to have more shadow choices, this would be a great palette to have. It has twelve shadows but it is still super slim and small and makes it great for traveling. Like the Pro To Go, you are also going to be able to wear these shadows with anything. They are all neutral and going to look fabulous with whatever you pair with it!


The Nudes by Maybelline


     Chocolate Bar Palette by Too Faced - If you prefer having both neutral shadows AND color, you can not go wrong with this palette! I adore this palette and it has been my favorite for a good six months now! You can create SO many looks with this palette. With a wide variety of color range, you can create the perfect holiday eye!


Chocolate Bar Palette by Too Faced


2. You need a blush that will compliment any look
     
     In my opinion, a peachy-coral blush looks good with everything! It is by far my most favorite shade of blush to wear and whenever I see other girls wearing it as well, I think it looks so beautiful! It looks so pretty on any skin tone! Here are some great options for a peachy-coral blush:

- Melba by MAC (a classic!)
- Luminoso by Milani (a GORGEOUS drugstore blush! You will look like you are glowing!)
- Bellisima by Kat Von D (go to Sephora and check out this hidden gem. STUNNING!)


From left to right: Melba, Luminoso, Bellisima

Bottom: Melba
Middle: Luminoso
Top: Bellisima
(In Natural Light)



3. You need a nude lip, pink lip and red lip

     It is easy to throw multiple lipsticks in your bag causing you to bring way more options than you need! I think by bringing these three lipsticks you are going to have exactly what you need no matter what look you are going for. A good pink lip for the day, a good red lip for going out, and a nude lip for anything in between! Here are some good options:

PINK
- Romance by Covergirl (I mentioned this in my last Friday Five!)
- J. Lo's Nude by L'Oreal (despite the terrible smell of L'Oreal lipsticks, I still love this color!)
- Creme Cup by MAC (my absolute favorite pink lipstick of all time!)


From left to right: Romance, J.Lo's Nude, Creme Cup

Bottom: Romance
Middle: J.Lo's Nude
Top: Creme Cup
(In Natural Light)


NUDE
- Nude Embrace by Maybelline (you can see me wearing this in a recent Insta pic!)
- Nearly Nude by e.l.f. (so affordable and so pretty!)
- Creme D'Nude by MAC (the perfect Nude in my eyes!)


From left to right: Nude Embrace, Nearly Nude, Creme D'Nude

Bottom: Nude Embrace
Middle: Nearly Nude
Top: Creme D'Nude
(In Natural Light)


RED
- F-Bomb by Urban Decay (This is the lipstick that got me hooked on red lips!)
- Ruby Woo by MAC (the best matte red of life!)
- Just Garnet by Wet N Wild (a shimmery, fuschia-red that screams HOLIDAY LIP!)


From left to right: F-Bomb, Ruby Woo, Just Garnet

Bottom: F-Bomb
Middle: Ruby Woo
Top: Just Garnet
(In Natural Light)



4. You need a NYX Butter Gloss

     These glosses are perfection! You need a good gloss to have in your purse when you need to apply something quick and easy on your lips... but they can also be paired on top of your lipstick and it looks gorgeous! I would recommend any of the shades NYX offers! Just go to Target and take your pick :)


NYX Butter Glosses


5. Samples are your best friend

     Now is the perfect time to use those samples you get from Ipsy, Birchbox and other makeup orders! Usually, I always have some sort of sample to cover my mascara, primers, perfumes, shampoo/conditioner and even use up those dreaded foil packets - they really do come in handy when traveling! It is much easier to travel with samples of products than full-size - so don't forget about your samples!




6. Everything else

     Then pack everything else you need!

- Foundation
- Concealer
- Highlighter 
- Bronzer
- Powders
- Brow Products
- Lash Products
- Setting Spray
- Brushes


I hope these are useful tips if you are needing to travel soon! So excited the holiday season is almost here!

xoxo Kayla

     

3 comments :

  1. Great tips!! I always want 1 palette, NYX glosses and I save samples for traveling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to buy some NYX butter gloss! Would also love to get the Too Faced chocolate palette!

    http://fashionfixeshearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete