Thursday, October 30, 2014

Friday Five: 10/31/14


Happy Halloween!! 

And it's Friday! What a great day :) And here are some great products I have been loving this week!:


1. Baked Blush in Pinktastic by e.l.f.
     I raved about this in my last post about how I LOVE using this as a highlighter. I seriously can't put it down. I even bought two backups of it to bring with me to France so that I wouldn't have to worry about running out of it :) This is a little hidden gem and e.l.f. absolutely nailed it with this product! Holy. Grail. Status!!!


Baked Blush in Pinktastic by e.l.f.

Swatch of Pinktastic by e.l.f.




2. Eyelid Primer by e.l.f.

     This is another favorite I have been loving from e.l.f. I like how it has a wand applicator to apply directly to your lids. It makes it so easy and convenient and then you can just blend it out with your fingers. Like I mentioned in my last post, it is a great primer for your eyeshadow! Long wearing, doesn't crease and only $1!!


Eyelid Primer by e.l.f.


3. Luscious Longwear Lip Liner in Naked by Starlooks
     I have been loving this lip liner this week because I have been trying to attempt the ombre/3D/contouring effect with lipstick and lip liner. Kandee Johnson did a video a while back on tips and tricks on how to master this effect and I was like YASSSSS! She makes it looks so incredible and easy! (Watch her video here to see her tips) So since I love a good nude lip, I have been trying this lip liner with different lipsticks to try to master the effect. It is very creamy and applies so easily. It is a true pink color so I have been pairing it with more truly nude colors like MAC's Myth and Creme D'Nude and I have been loving it! I haven't perfected it quite yet, but it's getting there!


Lip Liner in Naked by Starlooks

Swatch of Naked by Starlooks



4. Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum by OGX
     I've recently become more aware of trying to treat my hair a little bit better by doing deep conditioning masks and trying to cut down on the heat that I apply to it. But I have always used a serum on my hair. If I don't, my ends become so dry, brittle and frizzy. I have been trying out this anti-breakage serum by OGX for a few weeks now and I have really been loving it. It is infused with coconut milk, coconut oil and whipped egg white proteins and my hair is so hydrated, silky and smooth! Not to mention this stuff smells AMAZING! I absolutely love any coconut scent! I get to feel like I am on a tropical island for a brief moment while applying it to my hair :)


Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum by OGX


5. Bronzer in Sol De Rio by Sephora
     This is a limited edition bronzer that Sephora came out with around May. I will try to keep this short since it is no longer available. But I hope Sephora comes out with something like this again because it is HUGE! It is almost the size of my hand! I love that I can easily sweep my brush into it instead of being confined to something so small (like Hoola by Benefit). It is a great matte bronzer that gives you a perfect golden glow. If Sephora does release this bronzer again, or something similar to it, I highly recommend grabbing it before it's gone!


Sol De Rio bronzer by Sephora

Sol De Rio bronzer by Sephora

Sol De Rio bronzer by Sephora
(in comparison to my hand)


I hope you all have a fun Halloween weekend... I can't believe Thanksgiving is just right around the corner! And then Christmas! I love it :)

xoxo Kayla


Find the products I mentioned here:

Pinktastic by e.l.f.

Eyelid Primer by e.l.f.

Lip Pencil in Naked by Starlooks

Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum by OGX

(Sol De Rio bronzer unavailable. Limited Edition)



2 comments :

  1. I picked up the elf eye primer this morning, our Target doesn't carry the baked blushes though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang it! Hopefully they will get them in!! And hope you enjoy the primer!

      Delete