Thursday, November 13, 2014

Kiko Cosmetics: Haul and Review


Hi Pretties!

I have been anxiously awaiting to share Kiko Cosmetics with you for quite some time now! I have refrained from keeping some Kiko products out of my Friday Five a few times because I knew I wanted to wait until I did a post on Kiko for you girls in the USA!

Like I said on my Instagram post, Kiko is an Italian makeup line that has stores located all throughout Europe. While I was living in Italy last year, I discovered it while shopping at the mall with my husband. He actually asked me one of the first times we went shopping if I wanted to stop in and look at the makeup ... and I turned it down! I was just so set on what I liked from Sephora, Ulta, MAC, the drugstore etc that this "Kiko brand" probably wouldn't compare. I was so wrong!

One day, while doing some Christmas shopping, I was like "Alright, I'll go in and see what it is all about". Kiko is super cute and their store has this purple uplighting which just creates a really fun vibe. Every single one of their products is sitting out for you to test and swatch. And even though you can probably see and understand what everything is, it is also so helpful that everything is labeled in English at Kiko. I started swatching and playing with the products and I was so impressed! Kiko has amazing products that are super cheap! Several of their products are under 5 Euros and the majority of it is under 10 Euros! I was ashamed for turning it down and purchased several products that day!

Since being back in Europe, going to Kiko has been one of the things I have been looking forward to after being away from it for 5 months! I ended up picking up some new products and some products I have already tried out previously and wanted to share them with you!

The one downside about Kiko is that everything is labeled as a number. So that makes it kind of boring! I wish they would take the extra step to name the products because they have super cute packaging and pairing them with unique names would be so much more memorable and easy to share with others! You can go on the website and look up the products and their numbers and it gives a name for the product. So I wish they would label them in the store as that! Just because I like you all, I will look up the names for the products that I got :)

Here is what I got from Kiko recently:




Lip Pencils:
#309 Precision Lip Pencil - Crimson Red €2.90
#310 Precision Lip Pencil - Coral Pink €2.90
#503 Automatic Precision Lip Pencil - Hot Pink €3.90

     The first thing on my list was to get a few new lip pencils. I have never really been into lining my lips and only own a few lip pencils. But recently, I have been really into them and trying to define my lips more! I got two regular pencils (that you have to sharpen) and one automatic. For the automatic one, I got #503. It definitely is not hot pink as it is named, but more of a dusty rose. I like that it is creamier than the normal pencils but it is also very fragile and has already broken off a couple of times on me. I will probably stick with the regular pencils from now on. #309 Crimson Red is actually more on the berry side so I thought that would be perfect for fall/winter. And #310 Coral Pink is a pink shade that I thought would be universal for any nude lip. 


Kiko Lip Pencils

Bottom: #503
Middle: #310
Top: #309


Nail Polish:
#239 Nail Laquer - Vermilion Red 3.90
#318 Nail Laquer- Light Mauve 3.90
3-in-1 Shine 4.90

     The next thing I needed was nail polish. When it came down to it while packing, I just didn't have any type of room to be worrying about bringing nail polish out to France with me. I know nail polish isn't going to make a huge difference when it comes to adding weight to luggage, but it is already an art trying to get everything you need to live the next six or seven months of your life to fit into a couple of suticases! Plus, I had already tried nail polish from Kiko and planned on getting some from there when I got here. What's great about Kiko is they let you swatch the nail polish! They provide clear masking tape and you just put a piece on your hand and you swatch the polish. GENIUS!! Of course every girl needs a classic red polish so I grabbed #239 Vermilion Red. I also grabbed #318 Light Mauve because it looked perfect for fall. It is a cool-toned, purple-mauve and I am loving it! Then I grabbed the 3-in-1 Shine because it is a fast drying, base coat and top coat all in one.


Kiko Nail Polishes
Left to Right: #239, #318, 3-in-1 Shine


Purifying Mask: 
     I tried this mask last year and I liked it so much that I decided to grab it again. It is a remineralizing purifying mask that claims to "mattify the skin and minimize skin flaws". I do agree completely that it mattifies the skin and that is why I like it so much. I use it on days where I feel like my skin may be getting a little oily and this helps tremendously. I am not sure that I agree that it helps with skin flaws (I assume they mean acne) as I have never actually used it to treat acne. But regardless if it does not treat acne, at 5.90 I am happy with just using it as a mask to mattify my skin.


Kiko Purifying Mask



Lip gloss:
#126 Super Gloss - Baby Pink 4.90

     I had never purchased a lip gloss from Kiko so I wanted to try one out. I have been wanting to get more of a sheer gloss with a little bit of sparkle to add on top of different lipsticks. This gloss is exactly what I have been wanting! Super sheer and just a TINY bit of shimmer. It looks great with a lot of nude lipsticks and I even like wearing it alone! I think that the formula is great - a tad bit sticky but just only a little bit! I am going to have to purchase more! (I did not include a swatch since it is so sheer and does not show up well on camera)


Kiko Super Gloss #126




Lipstick:
#512 Luscious Cream Lipstick  - Plum 5.00

     I already own several lipsticks from Kiko so I really didn't even need to grab anymore. But hey, it has been a while since I had shopped at Kiko so I decided one was ok to grab one :) They have several different formulas: Creamy, Matte, Sheer, Metallic, Glossy. I decided to grab a Cream lipstick since it is the formula that I like most. I grabbed #512 Plum because it is that perfect plumy-vampy color. Plus, I thought it would go perfect with the #309 lip liner that I got!


Kiko Luscious Cream Lipstick

Kiko Luscious Cream Lipstick #512

Kiko Luscious Cream Lipstick #512



Unfortunately, I do not think Kiko products are available to order online through the US yet. But I do know they have had locations in the New York and Miami areas open this past year. If you are ever near one, I highly recommend checking Kiko out! I don't know if the products will be a little more expensive in the US, but if they are, it will still be decently priced! I am hoping more will start opening throughout the US because I would love for it to be available to me when we are back in the US permanently! And if you are ever in Europe, keep your eyes out for one and definitely stop in!

I hope you enjoyed learning about new products if you have never heard of Kiko before! 

Have a great day!

xoxo Kayla







5 comments :

  1. I love Kiko! As I love lipsticks, I tend to go to their stores quite often. They have to many shades with so many finished so I can try out so many different lip colours without breaking the bank! Love this brand!

    http://fashionfixeshearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This line looks awesome! And it's so affordable! Which is great for girls on a budget like me! TFS!!!
    P.S.- I am enjoying my bb sooooooo much! Thanks again! Can u please email me your address?
    thesaltlifewife@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used to have Kiko creamy eyeshadow, which I absolutely loved. Nice reviews, was interesting to read about mask and lip products. Looking forward to check them out:)

    http://oksiblueberry.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of the creamy eyeshadows! I will for sure check them out!

      Delete