Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Nudes Palette by Maybelline

Hi Friends!

I wanted to bring you my thoughts on The Nudes palette by Maybelline. I know that this has been getting a lot of buzz lately so I hope this will give you a better idea on what this product is all about if you have been considering purchasing it!!


Last week, I was going on a quick trip for two days. As I was packing, I realized I don't really have any travel-friendly eyeshadow palettes for when I am taking short trips. I didn't want to bring one of my regular sized palettes so I decided to run to Walmart thinking I would get one of those Maybelline Eye Studio quads. I have been wanting to try one of them and thought that this would be the perfect time to get one!


As I was looking them over, I couldn't find one that I thought I could rely on for everyday use. I wanted something neutral that could go with anything. I thought that maybe the "Copper Chic" quad might work, but it was all shimmery/satin shadows and I really wanted at least one matte shadow. I typically always use at least one matte shadow when doing my eye makeup, usually in the crease. I decided I was just going to settle on the Copper Chic quad, but as I was going to grab it, I saw The Nudes palette out of the corner of my eye. I have been seeing this all over YouTube, blogs, Instagram, etc, and never had actually taken the time to look at it in the store, so I thought that I should check it out quick.


I was immediately impressed as I was looking at the palette. It has so many awesome shades that not only included satin shadows, but matte shadows as well. And even though it is all nude shades, all of the colors are so different and each one is so pretty! I immediately wished that I had researched this palette a little bit more and watched all of the reviews that I have seen popping up. But I decided "What the heck!" I will take my chances and purchase this instead of the quad and form my own opinions on the palette! The quad was $7.49 and The Nudes palette was $9.99 (for 12 shadows!) so I thought I was getting a better deal on top of it.





I started playing with the shadows as soon as I got home. I was even more impressed! The shadows are truly beautiful and so pigmented! I didn't have the highest of expectations when it came to pigmentation only because it was a drugstore palette. I completely stand corrected! These shadows are definitely of great quality and pigmentation. You have so many options on creating looks with this palette! The colors are so much fun to work with because they all look so amazing together!


When I was on my trip, I put my makeup on at 8am and by 5pm, it still looked awesome! It hardly wore off and I was on the go all day long! The packaging is so simple and chic and the perfect size for traveling! In my opinion, this has to be one of the best products of all in the the drugstore!


Honestly, I only have one "downside" of this palette. And that is that I wish the shadows had names. Not only would it make the palette that much more fun, but I like referring to the shadows if I am telling someone about a specific shadow. For example, the gold shadow in this palette is sooooo beautiful! But I don't know what to call it! I just have to say "the gold shade". I feel like Maybelline did such an awesome job with this palette that I wish they would have gone that extra step and named the shadows. 


I definitely would recommend this to anyone! It is such a great palette for any type of look. It will go with any makeup look, any outfit, day, night....it is completely universal! It is so budget friendly and I also seeing it being a staple in my collection! 


Hope you're all having a wonderful week!


xoxo Kayla





10 comments :

  1. Thanks for posting such a detailed review! For 10 bucks that is such a great deal! I have the naked palette (original, not 2 or 3) would it be worth my while to buy this one if I already have that? Thanks ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! I LOVE the naked palettes but this is a great alternative if you don't want to travel with the naked palettes and prefer something smaller! It's worth the $10!!!

      Delete
  2. I've been debating on getting it, great review girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen a ton of reviews also. But I think I have finally decided I have to have this pallet too. Thanks for ur review. It helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this and haven't even tried it out yet. Great post girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really wanted to get this palette and I think I will after reading your post! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love it! :) Let me know if you end up getting it!

      Delete