Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Products that didn't work for me: September 2014

This is going to be a short and sweet post, ladies! I only had a couple of products in September that didn't work for me. One was a sample and one only cost a few dollars so I got pretty lucky and didn't really waste any money! It was a good month :)

1. Complete Eye Renewal Balm by Algenist

     I got this as a sample from a Sephora order. And it was such an awesome sample to score! The full size of this is $65 and the sample was half the size!!! So it was worth $32.50!!! I have heard great things about Algenist and am always looking for a great eye cream, so I was pumped about all these great things going for it! But it ended up not working for me and I am really bummed about it! This balm claims to do what any other typical eye cream claims - hydrates, decreases puffiness, fights signs of aging, decreases dark circles, etc. But even though every eye cream on the market claims these things, I thought that with Algenist being a well respected brand and the hefty price tag, it had to work! I used it every night before bed for about three weeks. I noticed a slight tingling when I first started trying it out but it didn't bother me. But the more I continued to use it, the more the tingling started turning into an intense burn! It felt like my eye area was on fire! I could not handle it and had to give it up. I didn't notice any change in the appearance of my eyes. I know that I only used it for three weeks, but I feel like by that point I should have at least started to see some benefits. I quickly scrolled through the reviews on Sephora and I saw a lot of women saying how they didn't like it either. So maybe stay away from this one if you are looking for a new eye cream!


Complete Eye Renewal Balm by Algenist
sorry the lettering is a little worn off!


2. Brush-On Striplash Eyelash Adhesive by Andrea

     The eyelash glue that I use is LashGrip by Ardell and I have a love/hate relationship with it. It works so awesome. It adheres the lashes amazingly to my eyes and I don't have to worry about those suckers going anywhere! The glue lasts for hours and and doesn't begin to come off at all. I never have to be concerned about my lashes falling off with the Ardell glue. But the smell is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. It is such a foul smell and I hate it! One day I was at Walgreens and saw this lash glue by Andrea. It looked of poor quality and I was a little skeptical about if it would really work that great because of how you are just supposed to brush some of that thin, liquidy glue on the lashes. But I just said "What the heck... I'll try it out!" I would never know how good (or not good) it worked if I didn't try it and I was kind of wanting something that didn't smell so bad. So I went for it. Maybe I would be surprised by it?! Nope. Should have went with my gut! It is a cheap glue that doesn't work whatsoever! I couldn't even get my lashes to adhere for 30 seconds. I will gladly stick with my Ardell glue that smells for a few seconds when applying it after trying this Andrea lash glue not working at all. Oh, the sacrifices we make for beauty ;)


Brush-On Striplash by Andrea


xoxo Kayla

1 comment :

  1. I've not tried either of these, I will make sure not to :)

    ReplyDelete