Wednesday, October 29, 2014

e.l.f. Products

Bonjour Beauties :)

Before I left the States, I decided I wanted to try out some e.l.f. (eyes lips face) products. I always bypass them at the store because I just never thought makeup ranging from $1-$3 would be quality makeup. But I've been seeing the products pop up more and more on beauty blogs and YouTube so I thought "OK I will try e.l.f. out!" The worst that could happen would be I'm out a few bucks and move on.

That being said, I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY by e.l.f.! WOW! They have some amazing products for dirt cheap! I don't think I have ever been so pleasantly surprised by a line of makeup. I grabbed a handful of products before I left and I know I will be having more sent out to me in care packages that our families send (since I don't think e.l.f. is available in France??). That is how much I am loving e.l.f!

This is such a great brand for any girl. It is perfect for younger girls who are on a budget and just getting into makeup, all the way up to girls who are more experienced with makeup. No matter who you are, you really can't beat getting great makeup for so cheap!

I know that every product by e.l.f. is probably not going to be for me (there was one product that I tried and did not like at all ... and I will include it in my next "products that didn't work for me" post) but I think they have some amazing things going for them! Here are the things that I tried out and I am completely impressed by:

First, I am going to start with the product that if I had to recommend to you just one to get out of the bunch, this would be it:

Baked Blush in Pinktastic
     Ok.. I am not sure why this is labeled as a blush because if you wore it as that, you would look like a big shiny mess! But why I love it so much is because it is a GORGEOUS highlight! I'm not kidding when I say this: I might just like it a little more than Mary Lou Manizer by The Balm... and that has been my go-to highlight! In my opinion, this just gives you the most perfect highlight. Not too simple and muted and not too over-the-top shine. It is just a little different than other highlighters I have tried because it has this stunning rose-gold undertone to it. You guys, it is just beautiful! I can't even describe it. Just to Target, spend the $3 to try this out. You will see what I mean and you will love it too!


e.l.f. Baked Blush in Pinktastic

Swatch of e.l.f. Baked Blush in Pinktastic


Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude and Natural
      I picked up Natural first and loved it so much that I went back and got Nearly Nude. The formula of these Lip Colors really are great. I am so impressed that it is a non-drying matte formula for only $3! Natural is a pinky-nude and Nearly Nude is a true nude color. The colors are so pretty and I like that since it is a stick, you can precisely line and fill your lips. I like wearing them alone or topped off with a gloss - either looks beautiful! I do have to build up the color a bit to get the opactity and color pay-off that I want, but once it gets there, it is gorgeous!


e.l.f. Matte Lip Colors in Nearly Nude (bottom) and Natural (top)

Swatches of e.l.f. Matte Lip Colors
Nearly Nude (bottom)
Natural (top)



Eyelid Primer in Sheer
     This primer is amazing! And it is only $1!! After trying out this primer, I will not be purchasing any more higher end eyeshadow primers for a while. My eyeshadow doesn't crease at all with the primer, it lasts all day and the true color of the shadows show through. When applied, it is a peachy-nude color, but when you blend it out with your fingers over your eyelid it becomes sheer. It is truly an incredible primer and it works just as great as any high end primer. I just can't get over that it is only $1!!

e.l.f. Eyelid Primer


Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder Duo in St. Lucia
     This is the duo that is supposed to be the dupe for NARS Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. It even has similar packaging! I don't own the Laguna bronzer but I do own the Orgasm blush. While I would NOT claim that this blush by e.l.f. is a dupe for Orgasm, it is a pretty darn cheap alternative! NARS products are on the pricier side, so if you aren't willing to spend that much, I think you will be happy with spending the $3 for this blush/bronzer duo. I do feel like I have to work at building up the pigmentation of the blush and bronzer as I don't think they have a very good initial color pay-off. But once I work at it a little bit, I think they look great!


e.l.f. Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder Duo in St. Lucia



e.l.f. Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder Duo in St. Lucia

Swatches of St. Lucia compared to NARS Orgasm
Bottom: Orgasm by NARS
Middle: St. Lucia blush
Top: St. Lucia bronzer


Brushes - Complexion Brush and Powder Brush
     I wanted to try out a couple of brushes from e.l.f along with the actual makeup products, so I grabbed these two. The Complexion Brush is almost in the shape of a fan brush and is very thick and dense. I like to use this for contouring because I think the shape of it works perfect to get the bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks. The Powder Brush is also thick and dense but it is sooo soft! I like to use this brush after applying my bronzer and blush to blend out the harsh lines. It blends amazingly! These brushes are also $3 and I think they are wonderful brushes!


e.l.f. Complexion Brush

e.l.f. Complexion Brush
sorry, she's a little dirty from some bronzer! :o)

e.l.f. Powder Brush

e.l.f. Powder Brush



Now that I am on an e.l.f. kick, what are your favorite e.l.f. products?! I need to know what to get next :)

xoxo Kayla
   
Find the products I mentioned here:

Pinktastic

Nearly Nude

Natural

St. Lucia

Complexion Brush

Powder Brush

3 comments :

  1. I will be trying that blush as a highlighter asap, it looks great! I've been wanting to try that eye primer too. Thanks for sharing your faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blush color is so pretty! Really want to get it now! Also I cant to try their brushes since they're so affordable!

    http://fashionfixeshearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a half a dozen e.l.f products in my cart last time I went the Target and ended up not buying any of them. I am so going back for some blush for sure!

    ReplyDelete