Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Five: 10/24/14

Hi ladies! Another Friday which means another Friday Five! I hope you enjoy reading about five different products each Friday to give you an idea for a new purchase... or if you already own them, just hear about how awesome they are again :)

This week it has been all about getting my skin back to normal. Traveling and being in that plane with all that stale, recycled air for so long really does a number on my skin. It is either one extreme of the specrtrum to another of either getting extremely oily or extremely dry. I sometimes get slightly shiny/oily in my T-zone from time to time, but never have to worry about being over-oily and likewise with never having to worry about dry skin. The only time I am effected by it is when I am traveling internationally. Last season when traveling to Italy, my skin got SO OILY for about a week. And this year when traveling to France, my skin got SO DRY for about a week. Apparently my skin just freaks out when I travel! So here is what I have been loving this week to get my skin back in shape!

1. Intense Hydration Day Lotion by Burt's Bees
     I got this little sample in a Birchbox months and months ago. I tried it out a couple of times but essentially, it was forgotten about. Then when I was packing that little baggy you can bring on your carry on with 3oz products or less, I saw this in my drawer and thought "I'll throw this in there since it is the perfect size and maybe I might need a little moisturizing on the go". I am SO HAPPY I decided to bring this along. It has made my dry skin disappear! Like it is named, it is an INTENSE hydration. It is a really thick moisturizer and my skin felt like it was taking a drink of water after applying it! It has a very light, fresh scent and a little bit goes a long way. It has anti-aging properties as well, which is a nice little bonus. After only a couple of days of using this, my skin was significantly better and then completely normal by the end of the week. This would be perfect for girls who have dry skin or get dry skin in the winter months!

Intense Hydration Day Lotion by Burt's Bees


2. Foundation Primer - Protect by Laura Mercier
     To give a little extra moisture to my skin, I have been using this primer this week on the days that I am wearing makeup. It is super hydrating and feels exactly like a moisturizer when applying it. It is has definitely been the most moisturizing primer I have tried. It has been perfect for my dry skin and it is also a very long lasting primer! My makeup looked and stayed great! I also got this as a sample, but it is an amazing sample size! To put it into perspective, Baby Face primer by Maybelline is .67oz and this is .50oz. So almost the same size! I know that Laura Mercier is a little on the pricier side so I am happy I got such an awesome sample size. I also would recommend this to girls who have dry skin!

Foundation Primer - Protect by Laura Mericer


3. Mint Julips Lip Scrub by Lush
     I absolutely love this lip scrub. It gets rid of all the gross, dead skin on my lips and makes my lips so smooth and plump after using it! My lips have also been dry and chapped from traveling, so this has been wonderful for my lips. It smells like mint chocolate and gets the job done so fast. I just take a pea-sized amount of the product and scrub my lips for about 20-30 seconds and my lips are left feeling amazing! If you are looking for a good lip scrub at an affordable price, I highly recommend the Lush lip scrubs! They offer it in different flavors (Popcorn, Bubblegum or Santa - which is cola flavored) and are made of natural ingredients!

Mint Julips Lip Scrub by Lush


4. Mongongo Nutrient Dense Anti-Aging Lip Conditioner by Jersey Shore Sun
       To follow up the lip scrub, I have been using this lip conditioner. I got it in my Ipsy bag a couple of months ago. At first I wasn't all that crazy about it. The smell isn't terrible by any means but it just isn't my favorite. The scent is "Mandarin Green Orange Ginger" and I just would prefer something more minty, vanilla or berry (They do offer a coconut vanilla, which I would definitely like). But the scent isn't a deal breaker and this is exactly what my lips have been needing. It is SUPER hydrating and moisturizing and it lasts for a very long time on the lips. I absolutely love how it makes my lips feel! I also like that it is organic and has anti-aging properties. The lip scrub and this lip conditioner have tremendously helped my dry, chapped lips this week!

Mongongo Nutrient Dense Anti-Aging Lip Conditioner by Jersey Shore Sun


5. Therapeutic Sulfur/Acne Treatment Masque by Peter Thomas Roth
     Since I have acne-prone skin, I was really worried that I would break out from traveling. The day of my flight, I used this as a masque to really give my skin a deep cleanse just so I knew I was taking that extra step to make sure I was starting out my travel on a good note. After I was done traveling, I immediately showered when I got to our new home and used this masque again to deep clean all that yucky stuff that accumulated on my face from traveling. I think by doing this really helped my skin. I did end up getting only a few blemishes in the next couple of days, but I just used this as a spot treatment and it helped to clear them right up! I absolutely love this masque and it does wonders for my skin!

 Therapeutic Sulfur/Acne Treatment Masque by Peter Thomas Roth


Have a fabulous weekend, lovelies!

xoxo Kayla

Find the products I mentioned here:


Intense Hydration Day Lotion by Burt's Bees

Foundation Primer - Protect by Laura Mercier 

Mint Julips Lip Scrub by Lush

Mongongo Nutrient Dense Anti-Aging Lip Conditioner by Jersey Shore Sun

Therapeutic Sulfur/Acne Treatment Masque by Peter Thomas Roth



1 comment :

  1. I'll have to keep that Burt's Bees lotion in mind for when I run out. I want to find some drugstore replacements ;)

    ReplyDelete