Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Five Lip Products for Fall

Hey Babes!

I have already shared with you how much I love Fall on my blog. And what I love even more about Fall is the month of October!! Growing up in Iowa, there is nothing better to me than a Midwest October! That may sound kind of lame, but I don't care. Fall in the Midwest is beautiful... the way the leaves on the tress change colors, the chilly weather, the Fall clothing, the hot coffee... I just love it all! And October is the best time for it all :)

Last month I did a post about five blushes for Fall so I thought that I would do another similar post and share five lip products that will be great for Fall. Honestly, I had such a hard time choosing only five. I have so many favorites and like I have mentioned before, you can make any makeup product work for any makeup look... regardless of what month of the year it is! But I didn't want to list 25 different things making this the longest post ever, so I chose five great colors that range from drugstore to higher end as well as ranging in different shades.

Here are five lippies that are going to look great for Fall! (Swatches at end of post!):


1. Nude Embrace by Maybelline (Matte Collection)
     I mentioned this in my last Friday Five. I absolutely love the matte formula that Maybelline came out with for this line. I really hope that they release more colors in the future because I need more in my life! I think that Nude Embrace is a great nude for Fall because it is a darker nude. It is going to look great paired with a cozy sweater for an everyday Fall look! The color is perfect, the formula isn't drying and I see it being my go-to nude shade for this Fall!

Nude Embrace by Maybelline



2. Scarlet Concerto by L'Oreal (Colour Rich Extraordinaire Collection)
     I love, love, LOVE this color! It is so pretty! It is a berry color but more on the red side so when I see it I just think of the color "Strawberry". It will be perfect for you girls who love red but want to mix it up a little. The Colour Rich Extraordinaire line by L'Oreal is incredible. The formula is very moisturizing and amazing color selection. I love that even though it is more like a lipgloss, it is so pigmented and it is going last a long time on the lips.

Scarlet Concerto by L'Oreal


3. Mulberry Lustre by Sephora (Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color Collection)
     I have also mentioned this in a Friday Five. If you want a complete opaque, long-wearing lip color for the Fall, this is it! This will stain your lips and be there all day long! I am still blown away by the formula of these Lip Colors. I love how creamy they are and just can't get over how awesome the pigmentation is. It is a true plum-berry color that just screams "FALL!"


Mulberry by Sephora


4. Plumful by MAC (Lustre Formula)
     Yes. Another berry based color. What can I say? They are just perfect for Fall! I love Plumful because when I want something that is a little more sheer than the other berry colors that I mentioned, this is a great option. And even with it being sheer, I can build it up if I am wanting more of an opaque look to it. Plumful is described as a rosy-plum... so all three of the berries do differ from one another with their undertones! Hopefully at least one of the three will appeal to your individual preferences!

Plumful by MAC



5. Taupe by MAC (Matte Formula)
     Taupe is my favorite out of the bunch. I got this kind of on a whim ordering it from MAC as I don't typically wear colors like this. I decided to give it a try though to break out of my typical love for nude lipsticks... and I love it! Taupe is a reddish-brown taupe and I have gotten so many compliments wearing it! I recently posted it on my Insta and I had several friends asking what lipstick it was! It is a perfect burnt red/brown color for Fall and it is neutral enough to go with many looks. If I had to recommend one out of all of them, this would be it!
Me wearing Taupe!

Taupe by MAC






Swatches in natural light

Swatches with flash


What are your favorite fall lip products?

xoxo Kayla


Find the products I mentioned here:

Nude Embrace by Maybelline

Scarlet Concerto by L'Oreal

Mulberry Lustre by Sephora

Plumful by MAC

Taupe by MAC


   

1 comment :

  1. I'm going to have to get Plumful. MAC's Midimauve is my all time fave.

    ReplyDelete