Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Five: 10/3/14

Happy Friday, dolls!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend ahead of you! My cousin is getting married so I am super excited to celebrate this weekend! An October wedding is going to be beautiful :)

My favorites this week are:

1. Flora by Gucci in Gorgeous Gardenia
     My husband got me this perfume for Christmas last year and I was OBSESSED with it. I wore it every single day for a good five months (and it still looks like I am just barely making a dent into it!). When we got back to the States for the summer, I decided that I needed to switch it up a bit and wear some of my other fragrances that I left behind at home. I just came back to Gorgeous Gardenia this week and I am obsessed with it again. When I smell it, it makes me so happy and makes me think of Italy because that is where I wore it... funny how scents make you think of certain things! I love really feminine, fruity, flowery scents and this is the perfect mixture of all those characteristics. The Flora line by Gucci offers a few different scents (Glamorous Magnolia, Gracious Tuberose, Eau Fraiche, Eau de Parfum), so there are different options to appeal to your personal preference! Check them out... I am sure you will find one you like :)

Flora by Gucci (Gorgeous Gardenia)


2. Pink Cult blush by MAC
     You know me and my blushes! Just addicted to them! And I am in love with this blush! I don't really have any cool-toned blushes and when I saw this I was so excited for it and I had to add it to my collection! It is described by MAC as a "midtone dirty neutral pink". To me, it looks like the perfect mixture of pink and plum and it looks so, so perfect for Fall! It is a matte blush and looks very natural on the cheeks. I have already worn it several times since getting it last week and I can't wait to continue wearing it throughout the Fall and Winter!

Pink Cult by MAC


3. Pores No More by Dr. Brandt
     I got this in a Birchbox or Ipsy bag several months ago... I don't even remember when! It's not that I wasn't excited to try it, I just was using other primers in my collection. I have been really noticing my darn pores lately, and needed something to help disguise them. I have been putting this on before doing my foundation and it has really helped to eliminate the look of my pores. It also is a great mattifying primer and it I don't notice any wearing away of my makeup when wearing this primer. I have been liking it more and more as I have continued to use it and it just might be a full-size purchase in the future!

Pores No More by Dr. Brandt


4. Fit Me Foundation Stick by Maybelline in Toffee Caramel
     This foundation is way too dark for me! But I do not use it as a foundation. I love using it as a cream base for contouring! I personally love using a cream before going in with a powder bronzer because it really creates a great base and helps the longevity of the contour. I also feel like it gives my contour a more defined look. I just use a few swipes of it where I want to contour, blend it out with my Beauty Blender, and then go over it with my bronzer! It is so simple but I feel like the extra step of using the cream really makes a huge difference!

Fit Me Foundation Stick in Toffee Caramel by Maybelline



Swatch of Toffee Caramel


5. Perversion mascara by Urban Decay

     What is going on!? I found another mascara that has impressed me?! If you keep up with my blog, you know that it is really hard for me to find a mascara that I truly like. I got this sample of Perversion in my Ipsy bag last month and have been trying it out over the last several weeks. The reason it has taken a little while to get into my Friday Five is because I really wanted to use it for a while to see if I would continue to like it. There have been several times when I try out a new mascara, think I am going to really love it, and then I end up thinking it just really isn't all that great. But Perversion has continued to impress me! It does an awesome job at lengthening and volumizing and the formula is very clean - not messy at all! I am very happy this mascara made it past my picky ways :)

Perversion by Urban Decay



Have a great weekend!

xoxo Kayla


Find the products I mentioned here:

Flora by Gucci in Gorgeous Gardenia

Pink Cult by Mac

Pores No More by Dr. Brandt

Fit Me Foundation Stick by Maybelline

Perversion by Urban Decay

1 comment :