Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Five: 10/10/14

Happy Friday, loves!

Hope you are all doing wonderful and had a terrific week :)

Here is what I have been loving this week:

1. Revlon ColorStay Foundation (Golden Beige-Combo/Oily Skin)
     I have been looking for a good, longwearing, medium-full coverage foundation from the drugstore for a while. I hadn't found one that I was really loving and I don't like to use my high end foundations when I am just going to be running to the grocery store. I feel like it is such a waste! So a few weeks ago, I was watching Wayne Goss on Youtube and he had a video on good foundations for covering acne. Thankfully, my acne has gotten tremendously better, but I need something to cover my post-acne scars. The first foundation he mentioned was this Revlon ColorStay foundation and said it is great because it is going to last a very long time and mattify your skin, which will not create any shine drawing attention to the acne. I know that Wayne knows what he is talking about, so the next day I picked it up at Target and I love it! It covers my acne scars and lasts all day long! I am so, so happy I found a longwearing, medium-full coverage foundation from the drugstore that I can use for just any typical day! They also offer this foundation in a formula for dry skin! (If you have acne-prone skin and are interested in the other foundations that Wayne mentioned, check it out here.)


Revlon ColorStay Foundation


2. Don't Despair, Repair! (hair mask) by Briogeo
     I have to admit, I have never bought a hair mask in my life! I always tell myself I am going to get one, but I always find something better to buy... like makeup :) When I received this sample in my Ipsy bag, I was so excited to try it out! I have used it a few times now, and I really noticed a difference after this third use. You just leave it on for 3-5 minutes after shampooing and rinse it out. My hair felt so soft and looked so shiny and healthy! I was amazed! I have been pretty blessed to have nice hair without going the extra mile to take care of it but after seeing the results of this mask, I want to do a better job at taking care of my hair! It is a deep conditioning mask that repairs dry, damaged or chemically-treated hair. It also smells AMAZING! It is infused with avocado, almond, argon and rosehip oils and smells so sweet and fresh. I will definitely be buying a full-size in the near future!


Don't Despair Repair! by Briogeo

3. Shroom by MAC (Satin Eyeshadow)
     I have been using this all week long as a highlighter on the brow bone and as well as the inner corners of the eye. I like it because it is so natural looking - nothing over-the-top shimmery or shiny. MAC describes it as a "soft beige with shimmer" and to me it comes off as a silvery-champagne color. It is very pretty. I also love that since it is a very subtle highlight, it will go with basically any eye look that you create. I am happy that I am able to use it with so many different eye looks because it was a little bit of a splurge purchase! Even though $15 is not by any means breaking the bank, I think that $15 is a little steep for a single eyeshadow! I do love it but wish that MAC eyeshadows were not so expensive! It does seem like it will last a long time and it really is a beautiful shade, so I think it will be worth it!



Shroom by MAC



Shroom without flash




Shroom with flash



4. Peachy Nude by Lipstick Queen (Sinner collection)
     First of all, I just want to say that if you are not a nude lipstick kind of girl, I am sorry you are constantly having to hear about them on my blog! I am just obsessed with nudes and can't get enough of them! :) Peachy Nude is the first lipstick I have gotten from Lipstick Queen. My friend Katie manages a cosmetics store in the town I live in and she introduced me to these lipsticks. I have heard of and seen Lipstick Queen on the Internet but had never actually seen any of the products in person. She was showing me how creamy and buttery and pigmented all the lipsticks were and I was sold! I really could have picked up about 4 or 5 different ones but Peachy Nude was my absolute favorite so I decided I needed to control myself and only purchase one! I have been absolutely loving how creamy this lipstick is! It feels amazing on the lips and the color is so pretty - truly a peachy nude! I highly recommend checking out Lipstick Queen's lipsticks! (PS...Katie also has a blog... check it out here if you are interested! She is an esthetician and a mommy and blogs about beauty, fashion and being a mother! I just love her and I learn so much about beauty from her!)

Peachy Nude by Lipstick Queen


Peachy Nude by Lipstick Queen



5. Women's Shave Gel in Strawberry Tangerine by Up&Up
     This is kind of a random item, but this is seriously the best shave gel EVER! This is by the generic brand at Target but it is amazing! And it is always sold out! Over the past couple of weeks, I had been at Target 3 or 4 times and they were out every single time! Finally, this past time when I was at Target they had some so I grabbed three of them! This scent is supposed to be comparable to the Skintimate Strawberry Tangerine Twist but Target's version smells much better! I also like the formula by Up&Up much better than Skintimate. I like that the Up&Up brand changes from a gel to more of a foamy consistency making it easy to spread over your legs and leaves them feeling SO SMOOTH after shaving! I feel like the Skinimate formula stays too gel-like and doesn't disperse very well over your legs. Plus the Up&Up shave gel is cheaper than Skintimate! Maybe I am crazy at being picky over shaving gels, but if you try it out, I think you would agree the Up&Up shave gel is better :)


Strawberry Tangerine shave gel by Up&Up


Have an amazing weekend!

xoxo Kayla


Find the products I mentioned here:





Strawberry Tangerine shave gel by Up&Up.... Was not listed on Target's website


     

1 comment :

  1. I keep seeing awesome reviews on the Revlon Colour Stay foundation and I can't even describe to you how much I want to try it as I have such an oily face and acne scars too!

    Need this in my life ASAP!

    Wonderful post!


    X


    Anjel


    //anjelco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete