Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Too Faced Melted Lipstick

Hi dolls!

I wanted to give you a review on the Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick. This product isn't brand new, but was released only recently. 


I first saw this product right away when Too Faced was promoting it on their social media outlets this past spring. Of course, I was intrigued because I am a Too Faced junkie! When it released, I did not have any access to it though. My husband played for a team in Italy this past season and our Sephora did not carry Too Faced products. (a REAL heartbreaker for me, but I was happy we at least had a Sephora!) When we got back to the States, this was one of the first products I got my hands on! 







I wanted to actually swatch the different shades before I just ordered one. I am very particular about lipstick... I don't think I can pull off very many colors! So although I only own one of these, I did swatch all of the colors and can at least give you an idea on what to expect no matter what color you may choose to get!


I love neutral colors so I got the shade "Melted Peony". It is described as a "dusty rose" color and I think that is a great way to describe it. It is more of a muted pink. If you like more of a pinky-nude lip, this color would be right up your alley!


Alright...... I can't even tell you how awesome the pigmentation is in these lipsticks!! WOW! Even my neutral color is so opaque and I literally only need one swipe of the product on my lips. The color pay-off is incredible. "Melted Coral" and "Melted Ruby" also stick in my mind from swatching them. If you like bright lips you must check out those shades! SO pigmented, SO rich, SO bold!




I started out with two swatches the same width (as the bottom swatch in this picture) and tried to sheer out the product on the top swatch... as you can see, it does not get sheer at all and stays completely pigmented!!!! 







The formula is amazing. It is so creamy and not sticky at all! It has the shine of a lipgloss and the staying power of a high quality lipstick. With some lipsticks, I feel like I have to re-apply and re-apply because the lipstick just fades away so quickly. I do not get that with this at all! It it so long-lasting and I don't have to keep it within an arms reach to keep applying.


The applicator has a little sponge on the end of it. I actually really like this because I feel like it really disperses the product evenly. You also do not need a lot of product! I barely squeeze any out and the smallest amount covers my lips. 



You can see in this picture where the product comes out of the applicator


The only con I have found with this lipstick is that it does have a little bit of an odd smell. It is nothing overbearing but I do notice it when I am applying it... But it does not last throughout the day and I don't any whiffs of it after applying it.


I absolutely recommend the Melted Liquified Lipstick and you have so many great color options to find the one that you would love to wear! It retails for $21 at Sephora and I think that is a very reasonable price for how great the quality is. The colors are incredible, it stays forever on the lips, and one tube is going to last you a very long time!






Thanks for stopping by! I am loving my blogging experience and appreciate your support!


xoxo Kayla

4 comments :

  1. Where have you been it Italy? I'm from Turin :)
    I haven't tried this yet, but this colour is gorgeous, I may have to swatch it in store!
    :) xx

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try some of these. They sound amazing and i love the packaging!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had my eye on these, this color would be the one I'd buy :) I saw on Sephora today you can get a free mini one with a $25 purchase, might be my time to try haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like something I would wear a lot! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete