Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush


Happy Wednesday, pretties!

I wanted to let you lovely ladies know my thoughts on the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush. I got this brush as a Christmas present and after using it for the past three weeks, I have to share with you my opinion on it!





I actually didn't even ask for this brush as a gift nor had I been considering purchasing a cleansing brush. My mother is the one who gave it to me. She really loves Clinique's skincare line and has had this brush for several months now. When she first got it, she told me how amazed she was by it and how much she loved it. She was telling me how smooth her skin was and how her makeup applied and looked so much better. She told me that I should get one but I was honestly not that interested. I was a little skeptical because I had heard mixed reviews about using cleansing brushes with acne-prone/sensitive skin. Although the brushes are supposed to improve your skin, I had heard girls saying that it irritated their skin and caused more breakouts. I was still dealing with some pretty bad acne when my mom first mentioned I should try one and after hearing that it can irritate your skin, I didn't even want to mess with that and cause more acne and irritation!

I have had pretty clear skin for a solid couple of months now so when I opened this gift, I was willing to give it a try. If it started to irritate my skin, I would just discontinue using it. But I can honestly say after just one use, I was completely sold on it! I was BLOWN AWAY at how soft my skin felt after just one use! My skin looked fresher and brighter and it has gradually gotten even better each day after these past few weeks! My makeup is applying better and my skin just looks more healthy and rejuvenated. I have had no irritation or breakouts whatsoever. If the results are this great after just a few weeks, I can't wait to see how great my skin will look in the coming months!






Do I wish I would have tried it out months ago when my mom suggested it? Yes and no. In a way, I wish I could have seen if this would have helped my acne if I added it to my skincare routine then. But then again, if it had irritated and broke out my skin even more, I would not have been happy!

If you are in the same boat I was in and considering buying a cleansing brush but are worried about it irritating your skin, you are just going to have to make a judgement call on if you want to try it out or not. I honestly have no idea how my skin would have reacted to it when I had active acne. But I can tell you that this brush is SO gentle. The brush is so soft and not harsh on the skin. On top of acne-prone skin, my skin is also sensitive. Like I said, since using this my skin has not gotten irritated or had any acne breakouts. The directions suggest that you should start using it for 30 seconds and work up to 1 minute. When you push the button to turn it on, it will turn off automatically after 30 seconds. The very first time I used it, I felt like 30 seconds was not long enough so I did it for the full minute. I have been doing it for one minute since the very start and my skin has handled it just fine.

I can't compare this to the Clarisonic because I have never used it. But I think that Clinique's brush is a winner. I don't feel the urge to compare it because I am completely satisfied with the Clinique brush. It is also cheaper than Clarisonic's brushes. Clinique's is $89 and depending on which Clarisonic brush you get, they range anywhere from $99-$249. Clinique recommends replacing the brush head every three months and the replacements are $26. Clarisonic's are similar and are $27-$30 for the replacement heads. Although I am sure Clarisonic's brushes work great, I would highly recommend looking into the Clinique brush!

I am extremely happy with this brush and it has earned a permanent spot in my skincare routine. I am loving how great my skin is looking after just a short amount of time. I will be sure to keep you updated as time goes on! I am thankful my mom just decided to buy me one even though I had been skeptical about it. I guess it's true... Your mother really does know best :)

xoxo Kayla

6 comments :

  1. I've been wanting to get one of these! I have sensitive skin too and have been worried that it will make it worse just like when you try a new skin care regimen. I usually break out right away but maybe I will give this a shot. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need something like this. On top of breaking out (again) the cold dry weather here has my face almost chapped. Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love this!!! Sounds wonderful! (And like Mama deft knows best!) 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sold... I will buy it for sure..loved your review... Visit if u like..
    Mary
    Fairymakeuptales. Blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has also been a favourite of mine, I have been using my Clinique cleansing brush for three months and like yourself noticed a huge difference in my skin and my makeup applies more evenly with less oil during the day.

    I did a review over on my blog if you want to have a look here: http://alleluiatoallthingsbeauty.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/new-clinique-sonic-system.html

    My blog if you want to have a looks is: alleluiatoallthingsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best Ultra Clean Facial Brush now available on Amazon and Walmart Marketplace in the USA at best offer.

    ReplyDelete