Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Five: 9/19/14

Is it really Friday again??

I try to post a couple times a week, but this week I didn't get around to it. I got caught up trying to solve the problem of my computer not allowing me to access my photos. After several days of trying to figure it out myself, I finally called tech support. It took about a half hour for the guy to figure out what the problem was but everything is finally fixed and I can finally post photos again on my blog :) I have some ideas for some reviews coming up that I am excited to share with you so be on the lookout for that!

OK enough rambling.... Makeup Time :)

1. Chocolate Bar palette by Too Faced
     This is my forever favorite eyeshadow palette. I think I do a pretty good job of trying to mix up my palettes and use them all equally, but nothing will ever be as good as the Chocolate Bar palette in my eyes! I have let my love for this palette get to me this week and haven't been giving any of my other palettes any love. This palette is just so gorgeous and the looks you can create with all of the shadows are endless. It truly the ultimate palette... You have matte shadows, shimmer shadows, shadows that range from neutral to deep plum/maroon, amazing pigmentation, lasts forever and it smells like CHOCOLATE! I would HIGHLY recommend adding this palette to your collection! You just can't go wrong with it and it would look amazing on any skin tone or eye color!

Chocolate Bar palette by Too Faced
mine isn't so pretty any more after tons of use!

Chocolate Bar palette by Too Faced


2. F80 Flat Kabuki by Sigma
     Sigma. I love you. Your brushes are incredible! I could really ramble on about several of their brushes, but this one is my favorite. For quite some time, I was using a Beauty Blender (which I still absolutely love and use for concealer) to apply my foundation. Then I got the F80 and started kind of alternating between the two. But for a while now, I only want to apply my foundation with the F80 by Sigma. It TRULY makes my foundation look flawless. It just makes my foundation melt into my skin and it looks so stunning. The brush is SO soft and SUPER dense and makes applying foundation so easy. You really will be amazed by the results if you have never used this brush. Your foundation will never look streaky or cakey when using this. If you want a perfect foundation application, you need this brush in your life!


F80 Flat Kabuki by Sigma


3. Le Volume De Chanel by CHANEL

     I got a sample of this mascara when I ordered the Chance Eau Tendre Moisture Mist by CHANEL. I don't know what it is, but it is SO hard for me to be impressed by a mascara. I find mascaras that I "like" and will use, but I can honestly say there is not one mascara that I "love". It is kind of disappointing! But I think I might see some hope! I really have been enjoying this mascara and think I will actually purchase a full size! It does a great job at giving my lashes length and volume and I like that the formula is not messy and doesn't get all over the place like some mascaras do. I am pretty excited and hope that as I continue to use it, it will become my go-to mascara. I want to have a mascara I can't live without! ;) And plus... for a luxury brand, this mascara is absolutely comparable in price to other mascaras! I feel like I am getting a steal at $30 for CHANEL when other mascaras like Benefit, Too Faced or Lancome range from $23-$32.

Le Volume De Chanel by CHANEL



4. Bronzer by Sephora in Los Cabos
      This the very first bronzer I ever tried several years ago and I have continued to repurchase it over and over again. It is just a really great everyday bronzer for my lighter skin tone. It is matte and very long wearing. I have been using Benefit's Hoola bronzer quite frequently lately and the reason I have been liking it so much is because I realized it is so similar to what I have been using for years! I decided to swatch the two one day and they look almost exactly the same! Los Cabos really is a dupe for Hoola! Hoola is just the tiniest bit darker when first applied, but Los Cabos can definitely be built up! If you have been interested in trying out Hoola ($28) but aren't wanting to spend that much, save some money and purchase Los Cabos ($17)! You really can't even tell a difference! (Will show swatches below)

Los Cabos by Sephora

Los Cabos by Sephora

Bottom: Los Cabos (one swatch)
Top: Hoola (one swatch)


5. Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color by Sephora in Mulberry
     Two words: HOLY. PIGMENTATION. I have been wanting to grab one of these Lustre Matte Lip Colors for a while now, but never could decide which one to get. I finally decided to grab Mulberry while at Sephora last weekend since it seemed like a good Fall color. And I must say that the formula of these Lip Color's blows me away! It is kind of a mixture between a lipstick and a lip stain and this has got to be one of the most pigmented lip products I own. And it really is long-wearing... It is super creamy, hydradting and this little baby is not going anywhere once you put it on your lips! If you are looking for an affordable lip product that is going to last all day or night long, you must check these out! They have a great selection from nudes to deep colors and I think I need to pick up a couple more!

Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color by Sephora


Mulberry
isn't that insane?! .. sooo pretty!



Have a great weekend, Gorgeous Girls!

xoxo Kayla


Chocolate Bar palette by Too Faced

F80 Flat Kabuki by Sigma


Le Volume De Chanel by CHANEL


Los Cabos bronzer by Sephora


Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color in Mulberry by Sephora

2 comments :

  1. I am still lusting after the Chocolate bar palette and the sigma brush! Ugh so jealous!!! Great post Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie :) And I think you would love both!!

    ReplyDelete