Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Five: 9/26/14


It's Friday which means it is time to share what I have been loving this week!

1. Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Nude Embrace
     There has been a lot of buzz about these new matte lipsticks from Maybelline so of course being the true makeup addict that I am, I had to get one! And of course being the true nude lipstick addict that I am, I had to get Nude Embrace! Although I probably own more nude lipsticks than I really need, I actually do think that this color is different than the other nudes that I own. Nude Embrace has a brown undertone to it, which I typically do not care for. But I love it in this formula! I don't think it comes of too brown on the lips and with it being a little bit of a darker nude, I love it for Fall! It is perfect for a daytime look and I love wearing it alone or with a gloss over it. Sometimes I feel like some matte formulas are too drying on the lips but this is super creamy and doesn't dry out at all. I really want the Wine color from this collection but it's always sold out wherever I go! Hopefully I can get my hands on it :)

Nude Embrace by Maybelline

Nude Embrace by Maybelline

Nude Embrace by Maybelline



2. Shea Butter Lip Balm by Pixi in Honey Nectar
     Another lip product that I have been loving is this lip balm from Pixi. I received it in my Birchbox and was impressed I got a full size product for once in my box! Immediately after trying it out I knew I was going to love it. It is SUPER hydrating on the lips which will be so useful during fall and winter when my lips tend to get dry and chapped. But what I love even more is that it has color to it and it is pigmented! And it's a peachy-nude. Perfect for me! I could wear this lip balm without any lipstick, gloss, etc and I am still going to have a great wash of color on my lips. I definitely see this being a go-to lip product over the next several months when I need something moisturizing for my lips but want something to go with my overall makeup look. (This would even look awesome paired up with Nude Embrace!)

Honey Nectar Shea Butter Lip Balm by Pixi

Honey Nectar Shea Butter Lip Balm by Pixi

Honey Nectar Shea Butter Lip Balm by Pixi
I apologize for you having to see my veiny wrists in all my swatches! ;P



3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Custom Contour Palette
     Of course I have been loving my contour palette otherwise I would have not written about it this week! If you haven't checked out my review, click here to read about how amazing this palette is!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette



4. Blush Brush by Real Techniques
     This is my first ever Real Techniques brush! I always intend on trying out Real Techniques, but I just have never gotten around to it. But I am happy I finally DID get around to it and I absolutely love this blush brush! I have not been using it for my blush though, I have been loving it for contouring! I love how it tapers up at the top and it is just the perfect size and shape for contouring! It does an amazing job at dispersing my bronzer and blends it out perfectly. This brush is also incredibly soft! It feels amazing! I am so happy with this brush and I can't wait to try out other brushes from Real Techniques.

Blush Brush by Real Techniques 



5. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (in 3W1 Tawny)
     HOLY. MOLY. I am going to try to keep this to a minimum, but if this gets a little long I just can't help myself! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS FOUNDATION!!! It is hands down the best foundation I have ever tried in my entire life and has already made it as a holy grail product for me. About a month ago, I had talked about how happy I was with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. I still think it is a great foundation and will continue to use it. But then I tried out this baby. And this is the love of my life! This gives the most flawless look to my face I have ever seen. It is a full coverage foundation and if I apply it at 8am, at 6pm it is still going to look exactly like it did at 8am. I am not even kidding! It covers any imperfection and this foundation alone gives me so much confidence just knowing how amazing it makes my skin looks. I have mentioned before that I truly believe that having a great foundation is the key to having a beautiful makeup look... and this exceeds all my expectations! Stop at an Estee Lauder counter and ask for a sample of this if you have not tried it out! I think you will agree how incredible it is!

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation



Have a wonderful weekend, lovelies!

xoxo Kayla

Find all the products I mentioned here:


Nude Embrace by Maybelline

Honey Nectar Shea Butter Lip Balm by Pixi

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette

Blush Brush by Real Techniques

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

4 comments :

  1. That blush brush is the BEST! I have got to try that foundation, I've heard only amazing things about it. Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You would love the foundation! I promise :)

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with the new Matte line that Maybelline just put out. I have a few of them, but I really want to go grab the rest of the collection soon! The Real Techniques Blush Brush is a go to for me. I really want some back ups of it. Love Estee Lauder Double Wear as well! :)

    Hope ♡ | http://www.beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to get more of the Matte Lipsticks too!!

      Delete