Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Products that didn't work for me: August 2014

Hello Beauties!

Last month I posted some products that didn't work for me. I thought that I would continue doing this as a monthly thing so that if you are thinking about purchasing these same products, you can hear the reasons why they did not work for me. As I also stated in my last month's post, just because they don't work for me does not mean they won't work for someone else! I am just posting my personal experiences with these products so that it might be helpful for others :)

1. Fix and Perfect Primer by Rimmel
     I picked up this primer because I liked the matte primer from Rimmel and thought I would give this one a try too. This primer claims to have "5-in-1 results" and that it smoothes, resurfaces, brightens, mattifies and protects. I didn't really notice any of these claims in this primer. It did not give me a brightened look, didn't really create the best base to resurface or smooth, wasn't really all the mattifying and I am not really sure what it is claiming to protect?? Basically, I would have just been happy if it helped to prolong the wear of my makeup and I do not believe that it did. My makeup did not last very long as it started to break up in different places. I tried to give this primer a couple of chances and had the same results the second time. This primer was just not for me.

Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer


2. Whish Shave Cream in Acai Grapefruit
     I got this as a sample in my Birchbox last month. I was happy with the sample size when I saw it because sometimes Birchbox doesn't give the best sizes for you to try out a product. This was one of the biggest samples I had received though, so I gravitated towards this first to check it out. I opened it and the first thing I did was smell it. I am not going to lie, I was disgusted! I thought it smelled exactly like vomit! I was so grossed out and extremely disappointed it did not smell good. I tried to give it another chance a couple hours later but it still smelled the same to me. I did decide to put a little of it on my hand to see what it at least felt like and it actually feels amazing! It is super silky and has a luxurious feeling. Although I would never, ever purchase the Acai Grapefruit scent, they do offer many other scents that I would try out (like coconut or lavender) just because it really does feel great!

Whish Shave Cream


3. Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo and Conditioner by OGX
     In one of my Friday Five's, I mentioned that I had been loving the Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo and Conditioner from OGX. And the only reason I ended up getting those was because I had orginally been using the Keratin Oil ones and did not like them at all. I had never really used OGX products before but thought that I would check them out. They have so many different scents with different oils and ingredients that I was not sure which one I should even try! I had been wanting to try products with Keratin Oil in it since it is supposed to increase the elasticity and hydration in your hair so that is why I decided to first try these out. After several washes, I was realizing more and more that I was not satisfied with it. I thought it did the exact opposite of what it claimed and my hair felt so much more dry and brittle looking. I also thought that the scent was a little overpowering. It smells more masculine and it would linger throughout the day. I just was not happy with it so decided to give OGX another try and have been very happy with the Macadamia Oil products.

Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo and Conditioner by OGX


4. Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo by NYX
     This is the product I am most sad about that did not work for me. I have mentioned several times before that I absolutely LOVE the NYX Butter Glosses! In my opinion, they are by far the best glosses in the drugstore. Incredible creamy formula that lasts so long, looks so pretty on the lips and so affordable. So since I love the Butter Glosses so much, I thought I would feel the same about the Matte Lip Creams! Unfortunately, this was not the case. I have heard so many great things from different beauty girls that the formula is so amazing and they absolutely love them...... I thought the formula was terrible!! It looked really good right when I applied it, but five minutes later it was dried up and had lost about 80% of the pigmentation. It did not look pretty at all. I am so disappointed! Has anyone else tried these and had the same results? Or maybe some other shades are better than others? Let me know if there are any that work for you because I am willing to give others a try!

Soft Matte Lip Cream by NYX


And that is what didn't work for me in August. As I also stated in my last post, I am ok with having some products that don't work for me because that is the fun of trying different things out! You find what you like and you know when something just isn't for you.

Hope these tips help!

xoxo Kayla





2 comments :

  1. It's so bad when a product disappoint... I usually try my best to make use of everything I get but sometimes it's just impossible! Thanks for sharing ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love un-favorite posts like this, I always appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete