Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Custom Palette)

Hi Beauties!

As I continue to learn more and more about makeup, highlighting and contouring have become a favorite of mine! I have been interested in the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit since it came out this past spring. Of course it sold out immediately when it was released because everyone had to have it! And with me being in Europe and having no access to it anyways, I kind of put it in the back of my mind by the time I was back in the States for the summer.

About a month ago, I was doing some online makeup shopping trying to decide on what new highlighters and bronzers I should get. I remembered Anastasia Beverly Hills had now released so many more shades to make a custom contour palette, so I decided to look into it!

Honestly, the original contour kit would have worked just fine with my skin tone. I picked several of the same shades that are in the original one for my custom palette, but I wanted to personalize it just a little bit more for myself and what I like.

Anastasia Hills Custom Contour Palette


The custom Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette retails for $40 (the original is also $40). You get to choose 6 pans to fill your palette. Anastasia does an AMAZING job at giving a wide selection for light to dark skin. They even have categories to choose from like skin tone and undertone that give you suggestions on what is going to look good on you. It is so helpful!

If you want, you could have all 6 of your choices as bronzers or mix it up however you like! For me, I chose 2 highlighters, 1 setting powder and 3 bronzers.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Custom Contour Palette
(in natural light)


Anastasia Beverly Hills Custom Contour Palette
(with flash)
Top Row: Champagne, Sand, Banana
Bottom Row: Fawn, Java, Clay



Highlighters: Champagne and Sand. They are both so pretty! Champagne is a true champagne color that is shimmery. Sand is more of pinky-beige with a pearl finish. They both give such a beautiful natural highlight. They are not overpowering and sometimes I do feel like I have to build it up just a little bit to get the perfect highlight. That doesn't bother me though that I have to work at the perfect pigmentation I want because they really are so stunning! I think these highlights would look fabulous on anyone.

Setting Powder: Banana. OK... I had to check out the infamous Banana! Everyone just raves about it and how it is the perfect setting powder for under-eye concealer. I was a little on the fence about it because I couldn't quite comprehend how a yellow-based powder is going to look good under my eyes! But I decided I had to see what it was all about! It truly is a great powder to set your under-eye concealer. Even though it is yellow-based, you can not see it whatsoever. It just melts right into your concealer. I don't notice is changing the color or brightening it, but I do believe that it does a great job at setting my concealer and keeping it in place all day long!

Bronzers: Fawn, Java, Clay. These three bronzers are all matte and I believe all of the bronzers they offer are matte as well (but could be wrong!). Fawn is the lightest bronzer of the three and has a little bit of a gray undertone. I think that Java is a great bronzer for light-medium skin tones as it is a true golden brown bronzer and looks like a perfect, everyday bronzer. Clay was the one that intimidated me most when I saw it. Fawn and Java look very close in color to what the website shows, but Clay looks very different than what I saw. It is much more orange looking than what is pictured on the website and I thought it was going to be way too intense on my skin. But after trying it out, I actually really like it. It does not come off as orange at all, just a nice deep brown. I just have to use a light hand and it really gives me a chiseled, defined contour. This would be a great one for light-medium skin tones who are looking for a bronzer to contour a full-on glam look!

Swatches in natural light

Swatches with flash


I think the custom Contour Palette that Anastasia Beverly Hills offers is incredible. Everyone is going to be able to find what they need based on their skintone because there is such a wide variety to choose from... They offer 27 colors! Amazing! I also think that the value is awesome. $40 is a great price for the quality and quantity that you are getting with this palette. The individual pans are retailed at $14 each, but when you get this palette with 6, they are more than half the price off for each pan! If you love to highlight and contour, making a custom palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills is definitely for you! I am in LOVE with it and you will be too :)

Make your own palette HERE!

xoxo Kayla




2 comments :

  1. I've seen this and thought it looked really cool! I am the worst with contouring haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! custom leather patches

    ReplyDelete