Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Five! 7/25/14

Happy Friday!!

Do you all have any big plans for the weekend? I made a spur of the moment trip back to my hometown in Iowa yesterday for the weekend, so I am going to try to get this posted before I get busy doing things with my family! 


My faves this week are:



Snapped a quick pic on my iPhone.... Forgot my camera at home :(



1. Purity Made Simple Mask by Philosophy
     I ordered this mask a couple of weeks ago because I have been wanting to try a new mask. It had good reviews on Sephora and it wasn't terribly expensive ($25) like the majority of masks are so I thought I would give it a try! I must say I do like this product, but it is not the typical mask that you think of. It is a gel consistency that turns into a white foam and you only leave it on your skin for 60 seconds. I am so used to masks like GlamGlow that dry and get hard and you leave on your face for 20 minutes. I have to admit though that this is a nice change. I like that it isn't so harsh feeling. I feel like I am just putting this really deep cleanser on my skin and it leaves my skin feeling so soft and looking radiant. If you are looking for a mask that is more gentle but still just as effective as any other mask, I think you would like this one!

2. Chocolate Solieil Bronzer by Too Faced

     YEP! Another Too Faced Product! Sorry, I am obsessed :) A couple months ago, I ordered the little packaged set of the Better Than Sex Mascara that came with a small Chocolate Soliel bronzer. I have used it here and there, but this week I have been using this bronzer every day! I love that it is matte because I am not really into anything too shimmery when it comes to bronzers. I think that it also has the perfect pigmentation because on days where I just want a little bit of bronzer, I can do a light application and on other days when I want to do a more defined contour, it can be easily built up. And maybe the best part about this bronzer.... it smells like CHOCOLATE!

3. L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner in Black

     I posted on my Instagram(@beautyandbasketball) a couple of weeks ago that I picked up this eyeliner because I had been hearing great things on it. And all of the things I have been hearing are true! This is a great eyeliner. This black is SO black! The pigmentation in this product is amazing. I apply one swipe and that is all I need. I don't need to keep going over it to make it stand out. The formula is super creamy. It just glides right on! You don't need a heavy hand at all! I absolutely can't stand when eyeliners run throughout the day and this stays right in place! I don't have to worry about any eyeliner running in the corners of my eyes. If you're looking for a good drugstore eyeliner, check this one out!

Numbers 4. and 5. are both blushes so I am combining them!

Melba by MAC and Luminoso by Milani
     If you watch any beauty guru on YouTube, these are staple blushes in their collection. But up until last week, I didn't have either of these blushes! I can't find Milani products in my city in Minnesota (which is weird because it is one of the larger cities) so I had to order it and I just never had picked up Melba until now. I have been loving both of these this week and have just been switching back and forth between the two of them. I love Melba because it is matte (even though I love all types of finishes on blushes, mattes are my favorite!). Melba is this beautiful corally-peach color. I can see why so many people have it in their collection because I think it really would look so great on so many different skin tones. The color lasts through the entire day and doesn't fade away.  In my opinion, you just can't go wrong with a MAC blush and Melba really is essential to any collection! .... Luminoso is similar in color - it is a corally-peach color - but it has a shimmer to it and it is more luminating (hence it's name!). It is not as deep in color as Melba - it is just a soft, pretty coral/peach. I think this blush is absolutely perfect for summer. Luminoso just has the prettiest glow that wearing a highlighter is not even necessary! Like Melba, I think this blush would look absolutely amazing on anyone and the color stays throughout the day! So get this one too :)

Have a great weekend, Beauties!!
xoxo Kayla

1 comment :

  1. I have a couple Milani blushes, but not Luminoso haha. Every time I'm at CVS they're sold out.... One day I'll get lucky and they'll have it :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete