Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Five! 7/11/14

Yay! It's Friday!

I love when beauty lovers post their weekly favorites. Sometimes, we are just overloaded with reviews and opinions on new products that we forget about the oldies, but goodies! And weekly favorites can be a perfect mixture of both new and older products! I love seeing products that aren't always brand new because I either am reminded to use them from my own collection or I find out information on products that I want to buy and try! And if they are in someone's favorites, they are most likely going to be great products that I will like as well!

Each week I will let you know what five products I have been loving. So here we go!!


1. Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer
     I got this in my Ipsy bag a few months ago and I honestly kind of forgot about it! I didn't initially try it when I got it and just threw it in with my other primers. I decided to try it out a couple weeks ago and I have been using it every day this week! I love that when I put it on my face, it is illuminating and gives me a a soft glow. It is super moisturizing and gives the perfect base for my foundation. The luminosity is not overpowering at all and makes my skin look like it has a natural, dewy glow!




2. Victoria's Secret Sparkling Citrus Hand and Body Cream in Tangerine and Passion Flower
    I got this lotion at the semi-annual sale for only $3.75! I usually never buy different scented lotions...I am not a big lotion hoarder and I typically just use Jergens! But I saw this, thought it smelled good, and how can you go wrong spending four bucks on a lotion?! I am absolutely loving it. The scent is heavenly! It smells so light and refreshing! The lotion is extremely rich and leaves my skin feeling so soft and hydrated! It is infused with avocado, almond oils, and honey. How luxurious :)  I hope this is in their permanent collection because I need to get more in my life!



3. Too Faced Sweethearts Blush in Candy Glow
     If you follow me on Instagram (@beautyandbasketball) you will have seen that I recently purchased this blush. I have had my eye on it for so long and I love Too Faced products so I don't know what took me so long to get my hands on one! I have been using it every day this week and I am loving it! I like this blush because it creates this really soft, pink glow when you mix all the colors together.  I also love that with these blushes, you can use just one of the three shades in the blush or mix them all together. You can truly create your own individualized color!



4. L'Oreal Collection Privee Lipstick in Jennifer's Nude
     Every time I go to Target, I look for this collection of lipsticks! Nude Lipsticks are my absolute favorite! I have been wanting to get one of these for a couple months now but Target never had them! I was at Walmart one day, and what do you know, there they were! I decided that the J.Lo one looked like the one I would probably most likely use. I hate that you can't swatch drugstore products ! When I got home I tried it on immediately to see how it looked. I was kind of in shock at how much I instantly liked the lipstick! It is such a beautiful color! It has to be the prettiest pinky-nude lipstick I have ever tried from the drugstore. The formula is super creamy and the color is perfect for day or night!



5. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
     This oil is truly amazing! I have been putting it on every night after I wash my face this week and the next morning, my face feels so soft and looks so brightened! You can also use it on your hair and nails, but I just have been loving it so much for my face! I have acne prone skin and I really believe this helps! If I have a little breakout, the next morning it will look significantly better after putting this on! It also has anti-aging properties and is the most hydrating product I have tried! This little bottle has so many wonderful things going for it! If you are interested in trying it, the smallest bottle is only $16! A few drops of the oil go a long way so it does last quite a while! I highly recommend!


Let me know if you have any favorites this week! I love having excuses to try new products :)

xoxo Kayla


ps.... Please forgive me. I know my pictures are not great quality! I am hoping to invest in a nice camera soon :) I just want to snap a few pictures so you all have at least a reference of what I am talking about!

1 comment :

  1. I got that same Pixi primer but haven't used it yet. Now I'm excited to try it!
    But girl don't worry about your puctures, their just fine! Great faves!!!!

    ReplyDelete