Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Five! 7/18/14

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted since my last Friday Five! I had an extremely busy week. But I also have some exciting news! I purchased a new camera! I have also been busy with testing it out and trying to figure out how to take good pictures! I am so excited that I can start posting higher quality photos on my blog for you all!

I hope you all had a great week and are looking forward to an even better weekend! Here are the products I have been loving for this week's Friday Five!

1. Daisy by Marc Jacobs
     This is my ALL TIME, HOLY GRAIL, FOREVER FAVORITE perfume! We all know it takes forever to get through a bottle of perfume, and I am on my second one! I really do try to switch up my perfumes but this week I have just been reaching for my baby every day. I love Daisy because it is such a feminine, girly scent. It is so light and refreshing and that is what I look for in a perfume. It is a perfect mixture of fruity and floral. This perfume is perfect for the summer time but I wear it year round because I love it that much! Check out Sephora's website for the description and maybe even add it to your cart too ;)


2. Mary-Lou Manizer by The Balm
      This is my current favorite highlighter! It is sooooo pretty! It gives your skin such a beautiful glow. I like that with this product, you can see it immediately when you apply it. I don't like highlighters that take forever for the color pay-off to show by building it up. It has the perfect amount of shimmer in it and I feel comfortable using it on the tops of my cheeks, bridge of my nose, and my forehead without feeling like I look like a disco ball! It is so natural looking and I can't get enough of it!





3. Batiste Dry Shampoo 
     Ok. I ran out of this dry shampoo about a month ago. I couldn't find it anywhere so I ended up buying a different brand. After getting a different bottle, I realized how much I loved this dry shampoo. The other brand was absolutely awful and did nothing for me. I missed not having Batiste and I am so glad to have it back in my life! I even got a back-up so I don't have to be without it again :) My hair tends to get a little greasy-looking on days that I don't wash it and I absolutely LOVE this dry shampoo because it immediately takes any greasiness away and makes it look so fresh - like I just showered. The cherry on top for me is that it gives you volume and texture too! It is an incredible product! I use this version of the Batiste dry shampoo for my blonde hair but I know they also make a version with a hint of color for those of you who have darker hair. I love that they have catered to different hair colors so that it can work for everyone!


4. L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara
     I have to admit: I bought this mascara about a month ago because everyone was raving about it. I also have to admit: I HATED it when I first got it! I tried it out and it was not adhering to my eyelashes and getting all over my eyelids and underneath my eyes. It was a mess and I couldn't understand why everyone loved it. I threw it in with the rest of my mascaras and forgot about it until this week. I decided to give it one more try on Monday morning. And again I admit: I have been wearing it every day this week! I think since I let it sit for a while it maybe dried out a little bit or something? I don't know but the consistency is so much better now. It is not a wet mess and I love how it makes my eyelashes look longer and fuller now. If you had the same experience, give it another try after a few weeks!


5. MAC Cremesheen Glass in Just Superb
     I am in love with this color! As I have stated before, I love nude lips and it is basically what I wear 90% of the time. This lipglass goes perfect with any nude lipstick you could ever possibly wear. For real! It is the most perfect, beautiful light pink. It is super sheer so it doesn't take away from the color of your lipstick. I have put it over about 4 different lipsticks this week and it just amps up each one to make the color stand out even more! If you are looking for your next lipglass from MAC, add this one to your list!




xoxo Kayla

No comments :

Post a Comment