Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Five: 1/9/15

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BEAUTIES!!!

I have been a little MIA for a while. Its been almost two and a half weeks since I last posted! I wasn't expecting to take a break for that long but I got super busy with Christmas, basketball games and a trip to Paris that blogging just didn't fit into the schedule! So for this Friday Five, I will do something a little different. If you are just checking out my blog for the first time, I usually post my five favorite products from the week on Friday's. But today, I will do my favorite moments from the past couple of weeks to update you guys! :)

1. Christmas
     Christmas is always one of the toughest times to be away from family. I miss being able to spend that time with family and friends but am thankful that my husband and I are at least able to spend it together! And thank goodness for technology! We are blessed that we are able to Skype with our families thousands of miles away. It is truly amazing that we are able to just click a couple of buttons and we are able to see and talk to our family! That makes being away from them just a little bit easier! Between Skyping with family, eating way too much and watching every Christmas movie we could think of - Tyler and I had a great little Christmas!

2. New Makeup
     I was blessed to receive some new makeup items as Christmas gifts. And of course getting new makeup is a highlight from the past couple of weeks :) I got a a couple of the NARS Audacious Lipsticks, the Too Faced Everything Nice palette, a Stila palette, and a great new product to add to my skincare routine: a cleansing brush. Spoiler Alert: You will most likely be hearing more about all of these products in the near future :)

3. Basketball Games
     Tyler's team usually plays once a week but they had two games right in a row after Christmas. Luckily they were both at home so he didn't have to travel for them. One of the games was against the number one team in the league and we beat them! It was an amazing game. The arena sold out and Tyler played awesome. It was definitely a highlight of the past couple of weeks.


After the big win!


4. New Years
      We rang in New Years in Paris! We talked about going to the Eiffel Tower and being there at midnight, but we decided that although that would be a really cool story to say we were there, we would rather just get dinner and a bottle of champagne. We didn't want to deal with all the crowds! I guess we are just getting old and having a relaxing dinner and grabbing some champagne is more up our alley :) I am so excited for 2015 and can't wait to see what it brings!

5. Paris 
     Our trip to Paris was unforgettable. Truly one of the best things Tyler and I have ever done together in the seven years that we have been together. Paris is a beautiful city with so much to see. And it truly is the City of Love! It is so romantic and we had an amazing time there! If you ever have the chance to go, you must! It is an experience you will never forget! (It is so sad what is going on in Paris right now. We left right before it happened and are keeping Paris and France in our prayers!)


Being a tourist at The Louvre

Eiffel Tower Selfie!
Eiffel Tower by night


The Louvre

HUGE upside down Christmas Tree in Galeries Lafayette... STUNNING!

Paris was lovely!



I will get back to my normal blogging schedule next week! Have a wonderful weekend, loves!

xoxo Kayla

No comments :

Post a Comment