Thursday, December 11, 2014

2014 Beauty Favorites: Face - Part 2


Hi Beauties!

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season! I am soaking it up... It will be over before we know it!


This week I am bringing you Part 2 of my Face Favorites (read Part 1 here). Today, I will let you know what my favorite bronzers, highlighters and blushes are! These are all amazing products and you can not go wrong with any of these! 






BRONZER:


I prefer bronzers that are matte. I don't even think I own any bronzers with shimmer or glitter in them. A matte bronzer is going to be the most ideal for contouring and most natural-looking for bronzing up the skin and adding some color.



  • Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced - This has been my go-to bronzer for contouring. It is the PERFECT golden bronze color and looks incredible when contouring. I got this little version in a set a while back, and I will most definitely be purchasing a full size when I run out of this one. Even though it gives you a perfect contour, it is so natural looking - nothing too over the top! You will feel like your face looks perfectly defined when using this bronzer for contouring and I think this should be a staple in every beauty lover's makeup collection!
Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced



  • Bahama Mama by The Balm - I also like this bronzer for contouring and use it for when I want a REALLY defined look. It has a bit of an orange undertone to it and comes off a deeper bronze than Chocolate Soleil, so I use it when I am wanting that really chisled look. Plus, I just love the packaging of this bronzer. It is so cute!! I love The Balm's packaging on their products! 
Bahama Mama by The Balm



  • Sol de Rio by Sephora (Limited Edition) - I wasn't going to include this because it is limited edition and no longer available. But I couldn't leave it out because I use it almost every time I do my makeup! I like to use Bahama Mama and Chocolate Soleil for contouring, but I like Sol de Rio for just bronzing up my skin. It is a very subtle bronzer so I love using it on my neck and chest especially to add just a little bit of color - especially during these winter months when I haven't been out in the sun in ages! It is a HUGE bronzer (almost the size of my hand) and you get so much product. Keep your eyes out to see if Sephora comes out with something like this again for the spring/summer because it was only $22 for such a large, amazing bronzer!
Sol de Rio by Sephora



Bottom: Sol de Rio by Sephora
Middle: Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced
Top: Bahama Mama by The Balm





HIGHLIGHTER: 


Each of these highlighters are so different from one another yet they are all equally beautiful. I think these highlighters would look gorgeous on any skintone!


  • Pinktastic by e.l.f. - I love, love, LOVE this highlighter! It looks so beautiful and it is only $3!! I have raved about this highlighter a couple of times before and truly think it is a hidden gem! You must run out to Target to get it! Even though it is labeled as a blush, it definitely is not. And even though it swatches more on the pink side, when you lightly apply it the tops of your cheekbones, it just gives off this beautiful pinky-champagne highlighter. It's amazing girls! PLEASE do yourself a favor and get it in your life :)
Pinktastic by e.l.f.



  • Mary- Lou Manizer by The Balm - I adore this highlighter as well. It is a stunning golden-champagne highlight and I am always going back and forth between this one and Pinktastic as my favorite. Mary-Lou Manizer gives more of a "glow" where Pinktastic is more of a "sheen". (If that makes sense!?) Mary-Lou Manzier is always going to be a classic in my eyes!
Mary-Lou Manizer by The Balm



  • Champagne by Anastasia Beverly Hills - Even though Pinktastic and Mary-Lou Manizer are my favorites, if I am wanting more of a subtle highlight I always reach for Champagne. I got this highlighter in my Anastasia Beverly Hills Custom Contour Palette (you can read my review on the palette here).  It is a silvery-champagne highlight that is super natural. If you are just getting into highlighters or prefer something very light and subtle, this is a perfect one for you! I use this on days where I am wearing light makeup and just want to add a glowy finish to my look. 
Champagne by Anastasia Beverly Hills






Bottom: Champagne by Anastasia Beverly Hills
Middle: Pinktastic by e.l.f.
Top: Mary-Lou Manizer by The Balm


BLUSH:

Ahhh, blush. I don't even know how I chose only three. I love blush! I could list five.. ten... favorites! But I picked these three because they are the ones I am reaching for the most and am always bringing with me when I travel because I know I will like them with any look on any day! 


  • Belissima by Kat Von D - This is my most pigmented blush and blush that lasts the longest. I know when wearing this that is will not wear away whatsoever. It will be just as vibrant as when I put it on after eight hours of wearing it. Not to mention, this color is so gorgeous! I just love corally-peachy blushes and this is the perfect shade! I highly recommend checking out this beautiful blush!
Belissima by Kat Von D



  • Melba by MAC - This is the BEST peachy, matte blush ever! It is such a classic blush from MAC and my favorite MAC blush. I think this blush would be perfect for any girl, any skin tone. I always recommend this blush when girls ask which MAC blush they should get! 
Melba by MAC



  • Rosy Outlook by MAC - This is another amazing blush from MAC. It is a Pro LongWear blush so it is little bit more expensive than the regular powder blushes. I am always reminded how much I love this blush when I use it. It is such a pretty, light pink that looks SO natural. It gives you that perfect rosy look! If you like pink blushes, you MUST try this one out!
Rosy Outlook by MAC



Bottom: Belissima by Kat Von D
Middle: Melba by MAC
Top: Rosy Outlook by MAC


See you all next week with some more of my 2014 favorites!

xoxo Kayla


2 comments :

  1. I still look for Pinktastic every time I'm in Target!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL! I am trying to make a trip back to the States the end of January. If you haven't found it by then, I am sending you it while I am home!!

      Delete